Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Favoritest video game ever!


This was my most favorite video game in junior high. It's like a girlie Legend of Zelda, but the characters in it were just so cool. Plus, it was multi-player, so my little brother and I could play at the same time and figure out puzzles together. We named the characters after the Three Stooges. This trailer looks like it might be a remake, but I will probably get a DS now. I used to play videogames alot, but kinda stopped during college 'cause I didn't, and still don't, have the time.
Here's a really bad sketch I did real quick of the dragon that would fly you around the world in the old "Secret of Mana". His english name was pretty stupid, so I don't want to type it. His eyes are dumb looking here. I will try to draw a nicer drawing later.

Here are some links to more videos/commercials for the game, for those that are interested.
Children of Mana commercial one
Children of Mana commercial two
I would like to work on a Mana cartoon. I am a nerd.

15 comments:

chia said...

I've never played any of the Mana games but due to your Zelda comparison and due to the fact that I'm a Zelda nerd, you have piqued my interest.

Scott Tolleson said...

I never played these games either. I thinked I was too obsessed with violent games. You know, to get my teen angst out. Brianne did you get my e-mail about the print?

Twinks. said...

I've never played those games either. Too obsessed with Sims 2...

I love that Dragon!!! Very cute!

Twinks ;)

Boogervampire said...

OH NO!!!! MANA!! When will you stop your obsession. You're hurting your friends with this obsession of yours! I play. The dragon's wings are cute.

Jay D Smith said...

yeah, secret of mana is great!!

did you ever play legend of mana on the playstation??

Anonymous said...

Hey cool trailer !
I have never known of this game!
I want to play it!
Also loco roco looks good too!
check it out on you tube!

Rikki said...

I didn't play this game but loved zelda on my good ole NES :)

Alicia "Kaden" Guy said...

That dragon is so cute. And my fiancee is a big fan of the Mana games but I couldn't do a video game rpg to save my life. I don't have the patience for them. I much prefer my Soul Caliber series and Primal... and oddly football video games.

Gabriel said...

I loved Secret of Mana on snes. I also bought Legend of Mana (good old psx) but i never actually played it. I watched my brother playing it, it looks amazing even today. It's totally 2d, the backgrounds are watercolor or something, it feels so, hm, analogic. You really should see it.
Hey, you're my age. Tell us how did you learn to draw like that, did you went to art school or something?

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Yay! So there are two new games coming out? I have played "Legend of Mana", it was pretty cool, but my brother finished it 'cause I had to go back to school. I did get to play some "Sword of Mana" too. I've been drawing since age 2, and I went to that infamous Calarts place for a bit too.

samacleod said...

Great game! I liked it because it was multiplayer too. I always got bored playing these games by myself. Destiny Wood says "hi!". She misses you.

Peter said...

secret of mana was an excellent game for girls and boys. I really liked it because it was like half action / half rpg.

And getting to play as that swashbuckling cat would be amazing.

Kei Acedera said...

Hey thanks for droppin by! you have some really lovely work here..I love your unicorns and girls! I'll certainly be back..love to see more

Heather Sybil Chavez said...

he he....funny

Corey said...

Holy cow. I'm like a closet mana fan. Loved that game, I got so immersed in that world. Your drawing of [name withheld] is amazing.
I love the concept artwork for this game, all those moster drawings.