Wednesday, December 05, 2007

My brain broke itself.

I'm going to have the stuff I am supposed to be doing finished soon, promise. My work got extended a few more weeks, which is good for me at least.

If you hate anime, maybe don't bother clicking on the links.
Video Time
(Thanks to Jeff Chuang for letting me know about this.)
People have been compiling animation made by specific artists and uploading them to youtube. People have been IDing scenes with their Disney and Warner animators for years. I just thought it was interesting that there are compilations of some of the
Gainax/Ghibli/Madhouse/etc. animators. Search for "MAD", and that will bring up tons of stuff, although not all of the videos seem to be specific to one animator.
There is alot of kicking and punching.
Hiroyuki Imaishi animation reel
"Namco X Capcom" op by Production I.G.
I think the guy above might have directed this, but I can't find any confirmation of that.

You Yoshinari reel
Tetsuya Nishio reel

...and here is some stuff that's just cool.
Skateboard + Balloons
Persian Kitten Army
"Merbabies" is creepy, and cute. I used to watch it alot.
"Pick up all the trash, put it in the bag, BUMP! BUMP!"






Little random post-its from the last few weeks. Drawing hasn't been working lately, these crude little warm ups help a little.
(fixed: Weird they were showing up for a couple of days and blogger somehow lost them.)






Serendipity!

22 comments:

Amy said...

Love love LOVE the postits.

I need to make more of those, tho' they're not as cool as these :)

Chris Battle said...

Namco X Capcom ROCKED. ...and Serendipity? I didn't think anyone else besides me and Clay Morrow knew about those sick little treasure books :)

PotatoFarmGirl said...

"Serendipity"? Are you kidding? Any girl living in the 80's had at least 30 of those books. One of my friends did fan art of "Crickle Crack" a few weeks ago. I've been trying to get her to post it online but I guess she is too busy.
Those books were amazing. How much detail can you put in a forest creature's eye? I have a feeling those books may have had more of an influence than any anime.

Jeffrey said...

Notice how she called these "crude" little warm ups, ha! Good luck with work!

Anonymous said...

Poops, they're not showing up on my browser... :*( Stupid internets. Bet they're totally awesome though!

Jay D Smith said...

I cant see anything either?

:(

Anonymous said...

Yay, it works! Pretty!

Katie said...

Your color work never fails to really draw me in hon. All have such a great visual flow too. For working with such a tiny canvas, it's really stellar what you produce. Great artstuffs! :)

Chogrin said...

~awesome anime links and amazing art as always!~ How have you been?

Dee said...

Congrats on more work! Yey!
Great stuff miss! Love your post-it work. OH-Thanks so much for my lovely graffiti too. =) love that little girl.

Alexei Martins said...

Love the links!!!
Cute post-its drawings!!!

Caro said...

omfg i love serendipity!

Martin Wittig said...

Nice work!:)

Jay D Smith said...

great stuff!

you must spend a small fortune on post-its!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

I don't spend any money on them! They just magically appear on my desk at work...

Rogelio T. said...

Sorry to hear about your brains
but your drawings still look pretty
so I guess you don't really need them too much anyways.

SHANE PRIGMORE said...

THose post its are beautiful! really beautiful!

Unknown said...

cool!, nice post it notes, i like the different perspectives your exploring.

sin said...

Thanks for sharing and the heads up. The links are great and your drawings are neat/cool.

Howard Shum said...

Cool stuff!

Ood SERRIERE said...

Wow, it's funny, really beautiful, i love the traditionnal colors, and the different face of the characters!!!!

I discover it, and i enjoy it !!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the load of inspirational videos! my find was lupin 3 looks awesome i will have to check out more there.. great sketches tooo!