Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Apple Blossoms

These photos were taken by my Mom this past spring. Today is her birthday!

They become apple blossoms. I haven't been home in a few years to see them bloom.


Apples are pretty.


Sketchbook apple sprites.


One of my earliest childhood memories is walking through a blossomed apple orchard with my mom. I'm not sure where we were going, to see Dad, get the mail, or just getting out, but Adam wasn't born yet. That's my Dad's dog Mugger.
He could ride passenger on motorcycles and used to pull my sled. When I first saw "Hey There it's Yogi Bear", I thought the dog in that was named after him.

I have photos from my trip last week, but I'm too sleepy to get them all uploaded tonight.
Here is one of Toodles and Toonces. They are the new kitties my family has back home. They are sister and brother.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was a request for a friend's bday last week. No more Nono for the rest of the year. Dang that's a small apple..... D:

__________
I was trying to find a music video for "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White" sung by Georgia Gibbs, but couldn't find one. The song is lovely though, go find it.

12 comments:

Daisy Church said...

Love the apple sprites- very cute! :D Also dig the colors in both the apple orchard sketches as well...

Martin Hsu said...

apples are cool

Rogelio T. said...

Those orchards are really pretty, your drawings are too!!!
Them kittens can never have too many paws can they.

William Bradford said...

Happy birthday to your mom. My mother just had kittens; or rather her cat just did. She keeps decreeing they'll go outside, but my mom's stern threshold to cute fluffy things isn't quite as resilient as she claims it is...

Boogervampire said...

AWE, happy belated birthday Noranne! All of these turned out marvelous. And my fave is just the apple. The colors on that turned out awesome!

Brian Growe said...

Beautiful sketches Miss Brianne, I especially like the one of you and your mom!

Orville said...

I lived in the Tacoma area some 50 or so years ago. I still remember the state for its beauty and rain. Your art is wonderful, and I like cats better than most people (I have two that fill at home for my 3 adult children).

Orville

Jeffrey said...

Happy Bday to your mom!
What's your favorite kind of apple? Me I like fuji apples.

Chris Battle said...

Happy Birthday, Potato-Mom! Awesome Nono pic-- off to my hard drive archive it goes :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, gorgeous and thoughtful! So pretty!!

craigp said...

i know i'm late on this post but you have no idea how happy your apple sprite drawings made me! (i love all your artwork)
...ok bye.

Abby Goldsmith said...

It's amazing to me that you can draw an appealing still life that looks fresh and delicious ... using markers. That is truly amazing.