Monday, September 08, 2008

Armor that doesn't make sense.

I'm going to be M.I.A next week again. Got some happy freelance recently, and I'm trying to learn how to storyboard (that isn't freelance). I think I got up to around panel 400 today.
In the meantime, here is a new image of Alabaster for some reason. Her armor makes no sense. Why is her belly exposed? Doesn't seem very smart, and for someone so stupid, why is her armor represented by an owl? That breast plate probably pokes her stomach every time she bends over.



On the subject of armor that makes no sense what so ever...
Here is some old stuff (some is sorta new) that I doodled while on "OOJH" and "3000".
I like drawing stupid, but it doesn't pay the billz.
"These guy are sick."





All these drawings have a horrible disease, called "Dissidia".
You may suffer from "Dissidia" if you display the following symptoms:
Chronic Amnesia, sharp pointy hair, attraction to buckles, belts, and zippers, depression, being randomly attacked by small animals, prone to setting yourself or others on fire, dependence on crystal substances, being ridiculously powerful for no good reason, bad English voice acting, and inability to have a coherent plot.
If you display any of these symptoms, buy Brianne a PSP, unless she wins the lottery and buys one herself. Preferably mint green version, and then it will sit with the DS collecting dust because she has no time to play video games. :(

___________________________________
Here are some photos of armor that really work in real life!
My Dad found a turtle trying to cross a road in a dangerous place. So he brought it home, but then took him to a nice sheltered area to live out the rest of his turtley days in peace. Dunno what type of turtle he is. He is pretty though. Pretty turtle.


Toonces wants to be buddies.


My parents recently had their 30th wedding anniversary. I was a bad daughter and was unable to make them anything cool.
______________________________________________________
Bonus videos that do not have turtles or armor:
OMG! otter baby
Funky birds from cuteoverload
Paintball
DeathSponge Notepants
______________________________________________________
Back to work I go.

26 comments:

ZSL said...

awww
i used to have 6 turtles. they make very fun (if often smelly) pets.

LFW said...

http://www.eegra.com/images/files/2008-08/beyond_ridiculous.jpg

Daisy Church said...

cute little doodles! : D (and who can resist a baby otter, seriously!?)

____________ said...

I think Alabasters left hand is backwards...or something...it vexes me.

Dan said...

Great post, Brianne. Chock full of the good stuff.

Amy said...

You and Edna Mode should have a cage match - Capes or NO Capes!

Chris Battle said...

Doodle feast!!!

... now I'm all sleepy after that big cartoon meal.

Allyn said...

remember, if you do get yourself a psp and are freelance you can claim it as tax detuctable! never go to a flim festival without mine loaded with my animations and drawings :D

great drawings, hope the storyboarding goes well, would love to see some!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

ZSL- I had heard turtles can be stinky, but they are still cute.

LFW- I think that NSFW armor isn't meant for protection. Disgusting!
Daisy- Otters have the ultimate power.

JMJuet- You are right. I have a hard time putting the right hands on things when I'm sleepy. Sometimes they have six fingers too. :(

Crylic- Thanks!!
Battle- You should always go for a walk when you are sleepy.

Amy- Honestly, I agree with the no cape policy. Just for functionality. Although they are fun to draw.

Allyn- Ooooh I forgot the psp can actually be useful! Someday I may post the boards, but it won't be for awhile.

Kt Shy said...

AHahahaha! You posted so many lovely things! But for some reason it's that doodle of Yuffie that's lodged itself in my brain, very silly! :D

LFW said...

Brihanne: I agree, but it makes even less sense, armour wise, I guess.

Sorry if I caused any trouble at work for you.

Hope the storyboards are coming along well

cheers to you

-LFW

PotatoFarmGirl said...

LFW- I think the image was hilarious! I didn't get into trouble.

Jeffrey said...

When are they gonna announce the FFVI remake?! Yarr! Great Stuff PFG. I am someone who desires that you make a comic strip!

I'm wondering what kind of amaaazing stories you would come up with. Also have you thought about doing something like Kati Rice's Skadi, with Alabaster? It would be awesome+10 and... Otters+5?!

Unknown said...

Beautiful sketches! That armor is magical powered by the owl spirits!

aintshakespeare said...

I don't think that armor is that outrageous. I mean, at lest it is covering her chest. To look at some fantasy art you'd wonder how women survive!

She's cute. And the elf-girl is also very cool.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

KT Shy- All I remember about Yuffie is that she was a total spaz.
Jeffery- Alabaster is part of something I'm working on, I originally just did a doodle of her back in 2005.
Serapio- I think it is powered by owl poop.
Clio- Comics scare me. My story skills are abysmal.
aintshakespeare- Thanks! Survival of the dumbest I guess.

Charles Goatley said...

Lots of really cool characters here. There's never a bad picture on your blog.

Megan Ferguson said...

exellent pics , you always inspire me to draw..but im always at work and when i go home I sleep and forget the lovely feeling your art gives me

psp sucks lives , and i didnt evne know that game existed..dangit !

Unknown said...

beautiful!!

Brian Growe said...

Well, the armor may not make sense but these are beautiful drawings as always Miss Brianne!

Percy Bysshe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Percy Bysshe said...

Not making sense is the new making sense - some skater guy told me about this skater whose skateboard manoeuvres 'didn't even make sense', which was good - therefore: 'Brianne, that armour doesn't even make sense!'

Sick is the new healthy, methinks - and retarded is the new rational.

Cool Dissidia character - and she consorts with Moogles - that Moogle cosmography is cool to the max!- I had not realized that the Moogles had wings - that's retarded!

I am desiring that you make a comic strip....

Unknown said...

All very cool!

xenos said...

coolest turtle... EVER.

-xenos

Dagan Moriarty said...

WOW, HOW have i never been here?!

GREAT stuff, super-fun!
:)

Those FF 7 sketches are priceless!

Anonymous said...

Your Moogles are cute!!!

!!!Moogle Power!!!