Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"The Dancing Cats of Applesap"


This is for the "Once Upon a Time" show at Alpha Cult this weekend.
Here is the info:
Opens Saturday, Dec. 13, 7pm - 11pm
Runs through Dec. 13 - Jan. 7
Alpha Cult
408 East First St. Suite #102
Long Beach, CA 90802

The piece I submitted is inspired from a book I read when I was little called
"The Dancing Cats of Applesap". It's about a shy small town, a shy girl, old shy grumpy drugstore clerks, and some shy cats who live at a drugstore. There is also much ice cream sundae eating and dingy comic books! Then a big conglomerate drugstore moves in! Who will win? UH OHHHH!!! (I'm really sleepy and cannot write a decent synopsis.)

Some random pieces of arwork are going to be auctioned off at Nucleus this weekend. Proceeds will go to the Red Cross, to help the victims of the recent California fires.
The pieces that I have that should be available are, "The Child Like Empress" and "Yuki Onna VS the Ninjas"
Ok, have to get back to work.

13 comments:

Quid Squid said...

love the piece! can't wait for the show this weekend. thanks for wanting to participate in it. you gonna try to make it down for the opening? if so, see you there!

-keith

PotatoFarmGirl said...

I'm going to be able to make it I think. Have to get out of the apartment and see some happy art!

Chris Battle said...

Ka-razeee!!

Matt said...

But didn't you hear!? Cat's don't dance!!! But for serious keep posting amazing stuff.

Oh btw, does your Pet Lemon have a Bunnicula complex?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunnicula

Orville said...

Your drawing includes two of my favorite things, cats and ice cream (not necessarily at the same time). You are a very talented young woman.

Orville

Katie said...

Sooooo cute and amazing!!! I can sit for a long time and look at every little detail in your drawings. At first I thought the girl in the drawing was you! I saw you at Nickelodeon this week actually and came thiiiiiiis close to saying hi but then got nervous and shy so I skulked away!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Matt- I think pet Lemon has a complex, he has a no-brain complex, instead he just has pulp and a tiny seed.

Orville- Cats and ice cream is the best combo ever! Although my cat will not eat ice cream, or turkey meatballs apparantly.

Katie- Don't be nervous! I was nervous sitting there, so we could have been nervous together. Like chihuahuas. I might be by next week though. Yay, nervous!!

craigp said...

everyday my favorite cat in the picture changes. today it's the fat white one behind the ice cream.

Alan said...

Meow!

David Omar said...

I saw this in person a few hours ago, it is amazing and inspiring.

-David O.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Thanks David! Sorry I wasn't able to make it out there, I had to work on some stuff tonight. :(
Hope you had fun!

deniseletter said...

Hey Brianne, Beautiful style you have!! I love to stare at the variety of cat characters you've designed.The story "The Dancing Cats of Applesap"is a good inspiration.I'm shy too but I try to overcome it

Dad said...

I enjoyed your blog, DAD