Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Attack of the Perfect Princesses!

Congrats to my friends that worked on Frog. I know alot of people cut their teeth on it. Here is a poopy Tiana, and some old poopy fanart. I think princesses have to poop. The fancy rich food from the balls and parties has to go somewhere.





The rest is uploaded out of order because blogger is evil and I don't have the will to fight right now. I don't really care for posting fanart, but in 2010 there should be some original stuff ready.







When I was drawing Jasmine, I had forgotten about a binder full of marker artwork I had in 7th grade. I was an idiot and took it to school and somebody stole it during Home Ec. It wasn't in the trash, couldn't find it, I'm pretty positive it was destroyed since I had a ton of bullies back then. It was full of the first marker art I ever made, and there were alot of Jasmine drawings in it. It's weird what memories come back when I'm drawing certain subjects. Jasmine was easier to draw when I remembered I drew her before.








Pretty Princess Captain Hook

Something dumb with a Gunbuster reference, I'm too tired to explain myself. I started a Belle drawing too, so if I finish it, I'll add it to this post this weekend. Laterz alligatorz.
**P.S. I Just found out Roy Disney passed away today. A sad coincidence. :(
____________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________
12/21/09
Belle stealing books.



"The Chronicles of Prydain", used to read those books on summer break. Never read the last one for some reason. :(

The most inactive princess ever.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to put red headed Ariel in a pink dress, you are never going to live that down.

Gross.

Alice in WonderBread Land

... and that concludes the horrible fanart plague of '09.

28 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

Cute! I still need to go see Frog.

Katie said...

Wahh!! I have a similar story...I had a binder of drawings that I had inked and zipatoned, then cut out and mounted on construction paper. It was all my "characters", girls and animals, and I worked really hard on it...but it got stolen too! I know who took it too, she was a rival artist girl who didn't like me. :(

BUT ON A HAPPIER NOTE! These drawings are adorable and they make me happy to look at. Do you have a favorite Disney princess?

Kali Fontecchio said...

I love your version of things!!!

The colors are so soft and pretty- and your Hook is really funny!!!

Have you seen the new Disney Pullips and Dals? I kind of like them in a weird way...

Pinocchio and Dumbo!

Wandingo said...

I though you are a board artist, why do you have time to do so much amazing art outside of work???????

Claire Gordon said...

I love your style of the Princesses! Beautiful work.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Debbie-Thanks! You should go see it if you get the chance. I also saw "Secret of the Kells" a couple of weeks ago. It's supposed to be wide release on St. Patrick's Day in 2010. It was really good too!

Katie- So somewhere out there, there is an Anti-Katie? :O I think it was the popular kids who took my stuff. They always liked to draw gross stuff over my drawings.
I'm not sure who my favorite princess is. I learned how to draw girls from drawing Ariel alot in 4th grade. I had her doll with the fishy tail. It was so cool!
I re-watched Cinderella, and she actually pushed the story and characters along. She's kinda got a rebellious side, which I didn't remember from watching when I was little. Also that movie is so simple and beautiful, alot of movies nowadays are way overdone. There is a beautiful pan of Cinderella running to the courtyard before she meets the Fairy Godmother. Something like that wouldn't be done nowadays, it'd probably have to have some sort of Deep Canvas technology.

Kali- I hadn't seen the new Pullips. I was thinking of getting the scary Dumbo, but that Tinkerbell Dal is amazing!

Alan- I just turned in a board yesterday, and most of these drawings are labeled 2008! Never mind, I just got another hand out. XP

Claire- Thank you!

rad sechrist said...

I love your drawings!

ushio18 said...

love these drawings! jasmin and fairy godmother is so adorable!

Howard Shum said...

Cute drawings!

Chris Battle said...

Fangirl art or no, these are AWESOME.

I had artwork stolen from the wall of my 7th grade art class. I always liked to think it was because someone thought my art was THAT rad they hadda have it... :P

Jason L Jones said...

Wow !!! These are awesome, I am shocked Disney hasn't approached you with a book deal. Awesome Stuff Bree!!!
-JJ

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Rad- Thanks, you have some neat stuff too!

Howard- Thankxxxx!

Chris- Was it a drawing from Star Wars?!

Jason- The elusive Jason Jones! I am working on a book right now, but it isn't Disney related.
We must trade animation secrets soon!

pbcbstudios said...

awesome Brianne!

M said...

beautiful stuff! I love the tiger's gesture it's such a cat pose. I wonder some times how they can survive in the wild when their so skilled at being cute. The princesses are so fresh I love the great gestural drawings too.

Daisy Church said...

CUUUUTE! Always love your stuff! : D

Priscilla A. Tramontano said...

Omg! That's why you'r one of my favorite artists ever!

Cuteness all around, and i love your shot at Tiana! `w´~

btw, i'm @pr1ps =P

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are so great! I love the fourth one from the bottom: kinda reminds me of Mary Blair.

Zorilita - Mary Bellamy said...

Wow these are really great! I love that you included Eilonwy. Almost no one knows of her.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Love the Snow white and Alice updates! So cute and pretty!!!!!!

Brian S. said...

HAH! The narcoleptic beauty 4 from the bottom got a laugh outta me. Nice work!

Kt Shy said...

These are the cuuutest drawings, aaaaaah! *melts from prettyness overload*

Meesimo said...

Glorious and lovely Princesseses!

Percy Bysshe said...

Amazing princesspalooza - this inspires me to get in touch with my inner princess - I plan on attempting a tinkerbell drawing - although she isn't a princess - or is she? yes, she is -

Anni said...

Oh wow!These are really nice!Everything is so wonderfully colored and shaded~
I really like how your drawings of the princesses look so distinctively to your style :3

Zoran Taylor said...

These are so vastly better than the original designs it's not even funny.

Anonymous said...

Woweee! I looooove your marker drawings! You have such cute ideas too (I like how you have the fairy god mother growing pumpkins! That is just too adorable)~

It's so great to see marker drawings.. I love the gritty traditional feel of it all! And I bet these look even better in real life! <3 <3 <3

Happy New Year!!! Thanks for sharing :D

Sadie said...

I'm a lurker, coming out of the woodwork... your Disney gals are amazing! Love your Eilonwy so much, she (and the Prydain series) are totally under-appreciated.

Sarah H said...

but...the alice one is so great.
The expression you gave her is priceless! Sucky fan-arts these are not, in my opinion :)