Saturday, July 10, 2010

30 year quest for whateverz


Photoshop barf, totally took the life out of the sketch. Those rodent-y critters are discussing their latest supply of soup bones. Num nums. Yay! I'm tired. Woot!


Thank you too all the nice people I met at AX 2010. I'll be getting back to answering emails this weekend, still kinda detoxing from the madness! I still have Billie buttons left, so I'll be bringing those to Comic Con for anyone who may want them.
_________
________

I got tagged by another blogger thingy award. So thank you, Barbie Miller! Now onto my excuse to post some blogs that are "LOVELY".

1. Katie Shanahan ktshy.blogspot.com Makes lovely funny comics!
2. Ben Jones hamfist.blogspot.com Lovely idiot style drawings and a lovely Comic Con update.
3. Anna Chambers burgerlog.blogspot.com My excuse to say poop is lovely.
4. Chris Meesey meesimo.blogspot.com Draws lots of lovelies.
5. Jake Myler lazesummerstone.blogspot.com Makes lovely monsters.
6. Destiny Wood destinyw.blogspot.com Is lovely and amazing.
7. Uncle Phil philrynda.blogspot.com Needs to post more lovely drawings.
8. Tara Whitaker taranicolewhitaker.blogspot.com Needs more love.
9. Derrick Wyatt derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com Draws lovely Velmas.
10. Kristen McCabe kristens-sketchblog.blogspot.com The power of 1 million lovelies!!
11. Amy Mebberson amymebberson.blogspot.com Lovely Princess Pie!

I was supposed to pass this on to 15 other people, but was trying not to link to people who've already done this. I'm not expecting anyone to pass it along, so no pressure. Just an excuse to annoy my friends for being amazing dorks! HA HA!!

Here are the fancy rules for anyone who'd like to pass along more LURVES:
As acceptance of this award,
the following criteria should be met:
~ Accept the award, post it on your blog together with
the name of the person who has granted the award and his
or her blog link.
~ Pass the award to 15 other lovely blogs.
~ Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they
have been chosen for this award.

9 comments:

Austin Papageorge said...

"Photoshop barf, totally took the life out of the sketch."

I think it's lovely.

Anonymous said...

Ooo I don't think it died too much in Photoshop! The characters still have lovely gestures and expressions I wish I could pull off :D The lighting feels different, though. Super awesome of you to share the sketch along with the image!!! I love looking at your work!

Thomas Perkins said...

As always your work rocks, my friend! that is great!!! I dig it muchly.

Amy said...

I'll be at comicon too, so save me a button!
I love doing the 'cover my lanyard in buttons', especially ones for artists I fangirl.

Thank you for the link, you're luvly too! :)

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Austin- Thanks!

Rocky- The lighting is weird! I noticed that too after I was done, think it was a combination of lack of sleep and digital experience. Would have totally did this differently by hand, but I want to play with Photoshop more!

Perkins- I am learning Photoshop tricks from the Phamous School of Perkins!

Amy-OOOH! I will trade you! I'll be there Saturday and Sunday only, work be too crazeeeee!

Katie said...

oooooh...that is really lovely, Brianne. You should sell prints! I love both versions but the colors on the original are nice and dreamy. The little creatures are really cute. :)

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Katie- I could probably send you a print if you want. I agree with the original colors, it's funny because those were the only ones at my desk to work with at the time. :P

Anonymous said...

I've never seen you draw barf at all, Brianne. In my opinion, you preserved a lot of the life the original sketch had and retained the appeal and form. Now that is a difficult thing to do, but you pulled it off excellently. I still have no idea how to use Photoshop anyway. Is it hard to learn?

marco's blog said...

Nice! I want to see the rest of the quest!
Great blog